Increasing a website’s traffic and online visibility does not only entail one or two processes — it’s a combination of a lot of minute operations with a synchronised approach. Getting to the right objective takes time, and each process is crucial. Stephanie details how she has managed to achieve her SEO objectives through a thorough and systemic approach.
Stephanie Hooper is a Senior SEO & Digital Marketing Project Manager at Infront Webworks. She has been in the digital marketing, web development and SEO industry for over sixteen years. Stephanie has worked as a Director of Digital Marketing and has been a SEO and Web Developer consultant for every size company from local small businesses to the global Fortune 500 company.
Infront Webworks more than doubles occupancy and revenue for The St. Mary’s Inn Bed and Breakfast
Industry = Travel & Leisure
WHAT YOU DID
- Establish Credibility
- Upgrade website
- Simplify booking process
- Reach more potential patrons
- A professional looking website
- Beautiful high class photography
- Virtual Tour of premises
- Photography and content highlighting high class décor, bedrooms, bathrooms, level of care, and gourmet breakfast so potential guests can fully appreciate the quality and standard of care that happens at this bed and breakfast.
- Increasing 5 star citations or reviews
Their site was:
- Using an outdated content management system
- Lacking site architecture and basic search engine optimization
- Missing pages, broken links and site redirects
- Loading improperly due to corrupted website coding
- Duplicate content copied from other websites
- New content management system
- Built an easy to navigate architecture
- Ongoing training, troubleshooting and technical support
- Content marketing
- Built social signals with Facebook. Posting regular blurbs from blog posts that include local activities to attract local followers and out of town guests. Also encouraging guests to leave reviews.
- Individual pages for each room to show the uniqueness, the high scale ambiance and atmosphere of the rooms.
- Blog posts that highlighted the benefits of staying at a bed and breakfast over a hotel room.
- Blog Posts and social media posts that enticed with local seasonal activities to encourage visits during a specific time period.
SIMPLIFIED BOOKING PROCESS:
- Implemented Rezovation.com, an online booking program
- Implemented a booking calendar showing prices and dates available so patrons could switch rooms if one wasn’t available on a certain date so they wouldn’t leave the bed and breakfast but simply change rooms.
- Joined Bookings.com and Expedia
- Book Now Button that is on the top left side of every page that scrolls with you for ease of use.
REACH MORE POTENTIAL PATRONS:
Fully managed SEO program, including:
- Top Google placement for keywords
- Onsite optimization
- Link building, search engine submissions
- Citation building on Google, Tripadvisor and Expedia.
- Activities page to encourage guests to choose Colorado Springs as their destination.
- Blog Posts with seasonal activities to encourage visitors during that time period.
- Facebook Posts about Things to do and seasonal activities.
- Top placement for Keywords with WEBCEO, Google Keyword Planner, SEMRush, Keyworddit.com, lsigraph.com
- Onsite optimization with WEBCEO & SEMRush
- Removed any broken links and fixed 301 redirects with Screaming frog and Xenu link sleuth.
- Link building, search engine submissions with White Spark, SEMRush and Yext.
- Citation building on Google, TripAdvisor, Expedia and Facebook. This started with educating the owner on the importance of citation building. Once the owner was onboard, he was a tremendous advocate for citations, encouraging and speaking with each and every client to leave feedback about their stay. We also prepared links to the review pages to be emailed out as part of the checkout process.
- Optimized for voice search.
- Added Organization schema
The St. Mary’s Inn Bed & Breakfast was experiencing tough competition. They needed a way to establish credibility with new customers, increase their reach, along with a much-needed upgrade to their website.
Rankings skyrocketed to the top of Google, dominating the highest quality keywords for their business. They were able to increase the room rates by 11.5% and occupancy rates doubled. During the busy time of the year, they went from 40% to 80% occupancy and during the slow time of the year they went from 20% to 40% occupancy. The busy time of the year was also extended. It used to be late May to August, now beginning of May through October. In July 2016, he had 4 keywords in the #1 placement and 25 in the top 10. In January 3, 2018 he has 91 keywords in the #1 position and 200 in the top 10.
INSIGHTSImplement an advertising and PPC campaign. Click To Tweet
The St. Mary’s Inn Bed & Breakfast is a low budget SEO Client spending under $1000 a month for SEO with no advertising budget or PPC. Everything was organic. In an industry that has tremendous competition from other bed and breakfasts to local hotels, it’s critical for The St. Mary’s Inn Bed & Breakfast to stand out among its competitors and rank among the best. They have become one of the most recognized bed and breakfasts in Colorado without any PPC or Paid Advertising. We established credibility, simplified the booking process, learned about our personas, improved conversion rate optimization, reached #1 placement for high traffic keywords, built tremendous 5 star citations for this client and more than doubled their annual revenue. The one thing we could have done differently with an advertising budget would have been implementing an advertising and PPC campaign.