Starting your own online enterprise looks pretty tough. Making it successful is even tougher. Rest assured, there are no silver bullets in the online World. Just loads of work, testing, revision and trial and error.
Sound horrible? It isn’t. It’s bloody brilliant!
Never has there been greater opportunity for people on small budgets, with limited experience and connections to start their own business. I’m not talking about the ‘run of the mill’ scam type enterprises. I’m talking about a real online business. Something productive, sustainable and aligned to your passions and goals.
So, why is the opportunity greater now than ever before?
The vast majority of the information you need to get started already exists online – free and easily accessible
- Most of the tools you need exist online – either free or at low monthly subscription rates. Praise be to SAAS! (Software as a Service). Like Instapage for instance, it can give you access to unlimited pages, visitors, domains, and also access to email support for $29/month when paid anually.
- Lack the specific skills to get specialised parts of the job done? No longer do you need to find full time workers to cover skill gaps, the online market place is full of highly capable people who are used to (and prefer) working project to project
- Your customers are getting used to this online World and more often than not, they love it! In fact, they expect to deal with you in a virtual capacity
- Your suppliers are more often than not going to be established to deliver the services or products you need virtually. For physical items, the integrated supply chain has never been more sophisticated and simple to use.
What do you get out of running your own online business? (Apart from the headaches, long hours and seemingly never ending road blocks and hurdles…)
- You get to choose! No longer are you stuck in a job mindlessly following orders (or suppressing frustration). This is your business and you get to choose how you run it, what your company goals are and the culture that you cultivate
- Your daily commute, office or work location and co-workers morph into one neatly packaged item – your computer. Whether you have a desktop, laptop or tablet it is really all you need. Take it into your home office, sit on the couch or bring it with you on holidays, your computer is your office. It is where everything happens. That’s simplification.
- Add true value to your life by working on what is important to you. You can make your passion your focus and improve your sense of worth, satisfaction and accomplishment
- Get it right and you will certainly increase your earning capability far beyond what a permanent job can do
- Running your own show and increasing your own effectiveness will usually have a flow on impact to the community around you – be the light that shines for others!
I’m Matt Bowd and this is my blog. Here I will show you the peaks and troughs of my experiences in the Consulting and Virtual Worlds. I will show you the mistakes I have made, the pivots I have performed to keep my company successful and share with you the highs and lows of being an online entrepreneur. It will be open book, fully transparent and hopefully lots of fun.
I look forward to sharing this with you all.